Friday, August 26, 2011

Round 2, Questions and Answers: Whether you wanted it or not

I don't believe anyone demanded it, or even asked for it, but it is a lucky day!  You get another post from Brodi's favorite spouse (the other three of her spouses are fighting it out for 2nd place) Sam!  And I am back ready to answer a few questions from my last post and the post before.  So, lets dive right in:

Emily asks: Who is your favorite sister? And what is metro-sexy?
This is very hard to answer, especially when it is one of my sisters asking the question.  We had all of our family in town for my lovely niece EO's wedding.  I got to spend some good time with all my sisters and brothers and their spouses which is always awesome.  I have 3 lovely and very entertaining sisters.  And as crazy as it sounds, we all live about a mile from each other.  Usually when I review who my favorite people are, I check to see if they are funny, sincere, play tennis, can compete in a good arm wrestle, willing to eat at the downtown restaurant Cinnegrill, invite me to all of their parties, etc.  Well, my three sisters get checks for each of these requirements.  So, shockingly enough, I will say it is a tie.  All three are very funny and fabulous, but only one has a blog.  If you have ever wanted to learn more about the movies 'Planet of the Apes' and are dying for a review of the 5 or 6 of those movies out there, feel free to check out my sister Eden's blog HERE 

 
In regards to your metrosexy question: Metro-sexy is defined as an usually urban heterosexual male given to enhancing his personal appearance by fastidious grooming, beauty treatments, and fashionable clothes.  Yep, that pretty much nails me.  Whether I need to or not, I will throw out my clothes if they are more than 15 years old.  I have to stay hip to the fashion.  I plan on throwing out my pegged jeans next year. 

Dorien also asked:  Can you tell us how exactly you put the "sexy" in metro-sexy? 
I know how to work what I have got.  But as Brodi said in response, this post would be very long, so I will have to just leave it at that.  As I learned back in my high school days at West High, 'flaunt it if you got it.'


Sal Gal asked: Will you be going back to the middle east for work again?
Over the past 5 years, I have had the chance to work quite a bit in SE Asia, such as in Pakistan.  Brodi actually accompanied me on one of my trips.  Sadly, I probably won't be taking many trips back there for the foreseeable future, but our company is focused on other regions of the world, so it will be some new adventures. 



Jenni Elyse asks: Does/did it bother you that Brodi didn't change her name?
To be honest, it was never an issue.  When Brodi was doing some tv news reporting, it just made sense to keep her maiden name because it is a bit more unique than my awesome last name.  After that, I think we were comfortable with it and had no issues with it so she just kept it.  There is occasional confusion over what they should call our family, but overall, no problems at all.  If we wanted to get it really confusing, we should have given our boys both different last names like 'Gonzalez' or 'Bradford' or something like that.  Brodi does remind me though, at least once a week, that she would have changed her maiden name if my last name was Capote.  Brodi Capote.  She probably would have changed it too if my last name was Nadal too.

Marianne asks:
is that the atari from grandma and grandpa ashton"s house?!?! 
Sadly no, it is not.  You wanna know what is sadder?  I actually spent money and bought an atari for our house.  We have had the wii for 3 years.  I have probably played it for a grand total of 15 minutes.  I bought this atari and I have played it for hours.  How frakkin' pathetic is that?  


Thanks everyone for having me around.  It is always fun over here.  I was all ready to do a post on how wonderful reality television is and how it can help us be better people, but Brodi said to save that for sometime in the very, very distant future.   Thanks for being such a good support for Brodi.  We can't wait until Everneath comes out.  If you want to meet me, I will be the guy standing in line at King's English or one of the other book stores with a handful of Everneath books. 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the answers! And your niece has a gorgeous wedding dress (which I'm sure you noticed, being so up on fashion as you have to be to keep your Metrosexual title).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic answers, Sam! And, that's cool that you're totally supportive of Brodi. (My husband is too. Sometimes, I make it seem like he's not with how I describe things, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brodi Nadal does have a certain... ring to it, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenilyn - yeah, her dress rocked. It was a great wedding.

    Jenni - no doubt that your husband is awesome.

    Bro - no, Brodi Nadal does not have a certain ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming soon--a summary of the NEW Planet of the Apes movie.

    And I think we all really know who your truly favorite sister is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eden - thrilled to hear that a new review of Planet of the Apes is coming. Though this latest movie would be hard pressed to beat out Planet of the Apes #3. That was a good one, or so I have been told.

    No comment on who the favorite sister is, though I can be bribed with good snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this is a little off-topic, but WHEN did the countdown widget get here?? How many days has my blog been deprived of EVERNEATH countdown goodness?

    Sam, why didn't you make Brodi point that out a bit, huh? Sheesh. (If she did point it out and I missed it, why didn't you make her point it out BIGGER?)

    It's okay. I've got it now. Let's have a little more diligence in future, though, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin- I just got it last night! I'm such a dork. I should've had Sam include it in his blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Is a bit mollified*

    I know you're rather attached to your M-W-F schedule, but I think the widget is a good reason for a schedule-breaking interruption. Just saying. 'Cause, like, EVERYONE is gonna want one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eden is my favorite of your sisters! Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha ha ha!!! well sam maybe you could teach a neighborhood class to all the men....

    i'm just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pegged jean & atari. Got it! Sam is one funny husband.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sam you can write-who knew! Brodi now I have to change all my geneology--I have you as Johnson everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. See you have to change your genology too! I ditched my first name and went with Duff (in case you don't know who it is, it is me (Deanna)

    ReplyDelete